The War on Poverty initiated by President Johnson is a colossal failure.
So far, we have transferred sixteen trillion dollars from the Have’s to the Have-Not’s. And now we have more poor people than ever.
Read Reverend Boetcker’s Ten Can-Nots for yourself, and see if you agree with them.
1. You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
2. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
3. You cannot help little men by tearing down big men.
4. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.
5. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
6. You cannot establish sound security on borrowed money.
7. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
8. You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than you earn.
9. You cannot build character and courage by destroying men’s initiative and independence.
10. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they can and should do for themselves.